PrivacyThis privacy notice sets out how Paxman Coolers Limited, Paxman US Inc., Paxman AB (Paxman) treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it.We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to buy products from Paxman on the phone or online.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account or sign up for a newsletter with us or complete our contact form.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of our team to email you information about a product or service.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services via our social feeds or websites.
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about a team member who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
What we collect and how we may use it
We may collect the following information:
- Email address
- Further contact information
- First name and/or last name
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
We require this information to keep you up to date with the latest news, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our services
- We may periodically send news updates which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties.
Visitors to Our Websites
When someone visits paxmanscalpcooling.com www.paxmanUSA.com www.paxman.se we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website (paxmanscalpcooling.com www.paxmanUSA.com www.paxman.se). We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
People Who Call Us
When you call Paxman we may collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve our efficiency and effectiveness.
If you live outside the UK (or all non-UK customers)
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes. Sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods or services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK. By dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes. This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence, and could include storage of your personal data on servers in the UK. We’ll ensure that reasonable steps are taken to prevent third parties outside your country of residence using your personal data in any way that’s not set out in this Privacy Notice. We’ll also make sure we adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
Links to Other Websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Paxman may change this notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018 and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation of May 2018.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
This cookie provides visitors to Paxman Scalp Coolers with a unique ID for their session on the site. It contains no tracking information and expires when you leave the browser.
This cookie records the fact that a message about cookie use has been shown. It contains no tracking information and expires after 7 days.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.